Mark Brabazon SC (Chair)
James T Johnson
Philippe Doyle Gray
Brian Camilleri (interstate barrister)
Bar Association Staff Member
Terms of Reference
- To prepare model Costs Disclosure and Costs Agreement documents for the assistance of members.
- To advise the Bar Council on the operation of Part 3.2 of the Legal Profession Act 2004 and relevant regulations and in particular advise on the practical implications of the new costs disclosure regime.
- To make recommendations to the Bar Council for amendment to Part 3.2 of the Legal Profession Act 2004 and relevant regulations and to advise on any proposed amendments to that legislation.
- To prepare for members an outline of the mechanisms for fee recovery under the Legal Profession Act 2004 and other legislation.
- To identify difficulties being experienced by practitioners in fees recovery and develop practical proposals to address problems.