The Bar Association assists members with recovery from solicitors of unpaid fees, which have been outstanding for more than three months but less than two years.
In providing this assistance, the Bar Association is not undertaking to act for you in any legal capacity.
Assistance will generally be offered as follows:
- The association will write to the solicitors requesting payment.
- In the event payment is not forthcoming, the association will telephone the solicitor seeking an explanation.
- If the above efforts are unsuccessful, the association will recommend a firm of solicitors to provide you with advice on the recovery of your costs.
Requests for fee recovery assistance from the Bar Association should include the following:
- a letter/email containing a brief chronology of events;
- a copy of the costs disclosure and agreement;
- a copy of all invoices rendered; and
- any relevant correspondence.
The Bar Association can also provide assistance in relation to general enquiries concerning fee recovery. Please email your request to Megan Black or phone her on (02) 9232 4055.